Arsenal (https://witharsenal.com/) is a Kickstarter-backed technology company that is seeking a full-time Controller. The most crowdfunded camera gadget ever, Arsenal is growing rapidly and looking for talented, driven individuals to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join an early stage company that presents professional and financial growth opportunities as the business expands.
The Controller position will be focused on managing accounting and accounting-related tasks throughout the business, including revenue recognition, cost accounting, general ledger management, tax filings, month-end statement generation, and some HR-related duties.
A broad understanding of different accounting principles is critical for this role, as they will work directly with the CEO and COO to aid in making critical business decisions. An applicant also must be willing to research and self-teach as new challenges are encountered. As is not uncommon in a startup, we are also looking for someone that will be flexible in both the level of role they perform and the types of challenges they work on. A self-starter that works largely independently and is willing to adapt is a must for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing and presenting timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets and financials forecasts, along with variance reporting
- Complete month-end and year-end close processes
- Work with tax accountant in complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (familiarity with the R&D tax credit a plus)
- Manage and reconcile all accounting operations and systems including A/R, A/P, Payroll, GL, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Register with and manage U.S. sales tax and international VAT procedures and filings
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Recommend strategies to optimize the business’ tax accounting
- Managing HR-related duties (tax forms, contracts, healthcare enrollment)
- Evaluate and suggest HR-related improvements (healthcare plan, new benefits such as 401k, other insurances, etc.)
- Additional controller duties and research projects as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
Our best Controller candidates will:
- Have knowledge of sales/VAT tax requirements
- Proven ability to find and research applicable tax credits
- Demonstrated knowledge of personnel-related accounting procedures (payroll, etc.)
- Be able to learn quickly through their own research
- Not be afraid to solve problems or raise issues
- Be flexible and very engaged in a startup environment
- Proven work experience as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, Controller, Public Accounting or similar
- 5+ years of overall combined Accounting and Finance experience
- Degree in Accounting or similar discipline
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Bozeman, Montana
- Remote for now due to COVID-19; some WFH available
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.